To build a strong, united, vibrant and progressive South Sudan Equatorian Community in Australia.
OUR VISION AND PURPOSE
- – Assisting members of our community to better integrate into the greater Australian Community. In particular, helping young people understand their new life in Australia, and how to better meet the challenges facing them.
- – Organizing social and cultural events to celebrate the South Sudanese culture.
- – Leading initiatives and exploiting the collective talents, skills and ideas of our members to enrich the community.
- – Actively recognizing and promoting the central role of women in various aspects of community life.
- – Giving give special care for child development and enshrine good values in the society
We will do this by:
- Organizing educational activities (workshops, seminars etc.) to educate the community about their new country and how best to contribute to the wider community.
- Encouraging the community to have a sense of responsibility for the society in which they live.
- Encouraging the community to fully participate and contribute to the society in which they live.
- Encouraging the community to effect positive change in the society in which they live, individually or collectively.
- Creating an environment amongst the community that is conducive to personal, mental and professional development.
- Advocating and promoting the needs of the community.
- Lobbying individuals, organisations, companies, politicians (local, state or federal) and the government departments and ministers to raise the concerns of the community in decision-making forums.
Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Compassion, Family, Togetherness, Hospitality